We provide organisations and their leaders with facilitated programs and executive education focused on strategy development & strategy execution. We support organisations seeking to create or refine executable strategies quickly and effectively.
Strategy implementation failures are a major source of frustration for executives and cause of performance problems in businesses. We work with you to harness your own organisations’ expertise and apply it more effectively when planning for the future. This includes managing the agreed changes to ensure your plans are realised.
Our expertise is based on our deep business experience combined with proven and effective planning tools. This is combined with bespoke executive education – all centered around strategy development & implementation. We always seek to challenge our clients’ thinking, but equally, are prepared to roll up our sleeves and help management execute the ideas we help generate.
If you are preparing for strategy development and/or a strategy implementation challenge and are committed to creating value for your organisation, we look forward to hearing from you.
“What business strategy is all about – what distinguishes it from all other kinds of business planning – is, in a word, competitive advantage. Without competitors there would be no need for strategy, for the sole purpose of strategic planning is to enable the company to gain, as efficiently as possible, a sustainable edge over its competitors”Kenichi Ohmae
Strategy Development – How and what we do
We begin with the end goal in mind. Our first step is to work with you and your leadership team to develop and document a clear, compelling, and attainable vision for your business.
- Where do you want your business to be in five years?
- Specifically what will that look like?
- What will it mean to your stakeholders? To you?
In this step we work closely with you and your executive team to develop and document a strategic plan for attaining your vision.
In step one, the focus was on the future. In step two, we start by assessing the present. We will lead you and your team through an in-depth discussion and analysis of such issues as:
- Where does your business stand today – both internally, with all your stakeholders and externally in the marketplace?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses in the marketplace?
- What are the trends that can impact the business?
- Where are the key opportunities for your business?
- What are the most serious threats your business faces?
- What markets do you want to be in and why?
- Determine you Unique Value Proposition. What is your marketing message?
Next, we’ll take the insights and intelligence gathered from these steps and organise it into three to five critical key focus areas to ensure success over the next 2 – 3 years. Through additional discussion, debate and brainstorming, we will:
- Develop clear and specific goals for each key focus area to action over the next 12 months and specifically in the first 90 days
- Determine possible obstacles to goal achievement
- Highlight the benefits of achieving, and the consequences of not achieving, each goal
- Determine action steps and assign delivery dates and responsibilities for goal completion
When completed you’ll have a documented One Page Strategic Plan that:
- Clearly and succinctly articulates your vision and direction
- Provides organisational alignment – links departmental goals and individual goals to plan achievement
- Promotes action instead of reaction
- Provides a benchmark for evaluating your business
- Provides key leading indicators that enable you to gauge progress against plan
- Focuses your entire organisation on common objectives
- Offers you the flexibility to rapidly alter your course in response to changing circumstances
Once we have completed these three steps, you and your team are now ready for the most important step of all: strategy execution.